Dining Out in Austin
Add dining out to the long list of items that make Austin a top destination on any traveler’s must-visit list. No matter if you are looking for an upscale, romantic evening out or a casual meal with family and friends—Austin has it all. Here are a few of our favorites, all just a short drive from our vacation rentals.
- Rocco’s Grill – Located in the heart of Lake Travis, Rocco’s Grill is a truly unique, family-owned and -operated restaurant where everyone knows your name. Rocco’s is a rare find that combines a blend of homemade Italian cuisine, an unbeatable vibrant atmosphere, and a great bar featuring the most delectable drinks in West Austin! Having been in the community for over 12 years, Rocco’s has won many awards and accolades, including BEST RESTAURANT IN AUSTIN, BEST STEAK IN AUSTIN, BEST DESSERT IN AUSTIN, and BEST VIEW IN AUSTIN from CitySearch in 2009 alone.
- Hill Country Pasta House – Since 1991, The Hill Country Pasta House has been serving traditional Italian fare with a Southwestern kick in a friendly, neighborly atmosphere.
- Hudson’s on the Bend – A culinary treat and Lake Travis establishment, with the best wild game and wine list in the area.
- Siena Ristorante Toscana – Authentic Tuscan food, carefully prepared and presented in a wonderful atmosphere. They serve wine dinners regularly, so check out their website so you won’t miss the next one!
- Maudie’s Tex-Mex – Maudie’s Café has been a tradition in Austin since the early 50s, serving the best home-style cooking around. Faithful clientele would often stand in long lines for breakfast and lunch. Casual atmosphere with all of your Tex-Mex favorites!
- Boat House Grill – A great Austin food experience awaits you at the Boat House Grill. Their casual, family-friendly restaurant offers a little something for everyone to enjoy; good food, an indoor/outdoor patio, a tree-covered playground for the kids and live music. What began as a tiny burger and catfish joint for the “locals” is now a well-known Austin and Lake Travis favorite. Our small kitchen cranks out big flavor!
- Waterloo Ice House – The first Waterloo Ice House opened its doors on Congress Avenue in 1976. It was a casual neighborhood gathering spot serving hot, handmade meals and ice-cold beer for an eclectic mix of Austin businesspeople, students, artists and musicians. Not much has changed since their opening almost 40 years ago. Waterloo Ice House still embodies that Hill Country spirit of gathering with friends and family for a cold beer and spending time together eating, laughing, and talking.
And for those times when you just want to stay in and really unplug and relax at the villa, here are a few of our top choices for delivery or takeaway: